DG Lab to Host THE NEW CONTEXT CONFERENCE 2019 SAN FRANCISCO
〜Designing with Data: From Cells to Space〜
DG Lab will host THE NEW CONTEXT CONFERENCE 2019 SAN FRANCISCO, USA on November 7, 2019. This conference is designed for people and organizations who are interested in the next business opportunities, and contexts that emerge from new technologies and inventions. This will be the twentieth conference since the first one held in Tokyo in 2005.
The focus of this year’s conference will be on “Designing with Data”, a translation of Data into a potential future value and experiences through Digital Designing. Rei Inamoto, founding partner of I&CO, will host the conference again this year.
From Cells to Space: the new frontiers of design made possible through data shaping the physical world around us in ways that are both visible and invisible. No matter how much digitalization may advance and how much data may get collected, we live in a real and physical world and that won’t change for a long time to come.
Given the state of the world, are design and data making the world a better place? Is data helping us design better things and experiences? And how can design help us make the Real World better with and through data?
In this conference, we explore potential future value with a highly curated line-up of speakers ranging from technology and some of the most prominent and most data-driven companies in the world; from art and architecture creating new types of creative expressions; and from science finding and building new possibilities in our bodies or in outer space.
Speakers include *more to come:
- Leo Villareal – Artist, LEO VILLAREAL STUDIO
- Kaoru Sugano – Executive Creative Director/Creative Technologist, DENTSU INC.
- Kerenza Harris – Director of Design Technology, Morphosis Architects
- Jess Holbrook – Founder and Lead of People + AI Research Group (PAIR), Google
- Steve Johnson – User Experience Executive, Netflix
- Amanda Linden – Director of Product Design, Facebook
- Ryotaro Bordini Chikushi – CEO/Co-Founder, NION
- Arvind Gupta – Founder, IndieBio
One day prior to the this event, Digital Garage, Inc. will host the “Global Pitch 2019 -Smart Cities”, where 7-9 “smart city” startups from around the world, from diverse industries, including energy & infrastructure, healthcare, and mobility – are expected to pitch to an audience of large organizations and investors from Japan and other parts of the world.
The theme of this year’s Global Pitch event will be “Tying Together Data and Design to Create Smarter Cities”.
The purpose of the event is twofold: 1) facilitate collaborations between large organizations in search for innovative solutions and cutting-edge startups and 2) shed light on how startups around the world are challenging the status-quo to improve their respective cities.
The startups will be nominated and evaluated by investors part of Digital Garage’s Global Incubation Stream – a network of innovation hubs spanning Asia, Europe and the US.
Startup Nominators *Nominators might be changed:
- Jerry Yang – General Partner, Hardware Club
- Peter Rojas – Partner, Betaworks Ventures
- Yoshinari Yoshikawa – Partner and CEO, Golden Whales Group
- Phil Libin – Co-founder and CEO, All Turtles
- Nao Ito – Operating Partner, BEENEXT
- Adam Lindemann – Partner and Group CEO, Mind Fund Group
- Ryotaro Bordini Chikushi – Partner, greenbox
- Eric Lagier – Managing Partner, byFounders
- Rei Inamoto – Founding Partner, I&CO
- Brian Yeh – Chief Investment Officer, DG Incubation
- Kaoru Hayashi – Representative Director, President Executive Officer and Group CEO, Digital Garage
Date and Time: November 6, 2019 (Wednesday) 2:30 p.m. to 5:10 p.m.
November 7, 2019 (Thursday) 9:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Location: DG717 (717 Market St, San Francisco, CA 94103)
Co-organizers: Digital Garage, Inc., Kakaku.com, Inc., Credit Saison Co., Ltd., and KDDI CORPORATION
Special Support: I&CO
Seating Capacity: Approximately 200
Official Website: https://www.dg717.com/ncc2019/
To reserve your seat: Please go to the official website and go to the tickets page.
* Media representatives who wish to participate should send their publication name, name(s) of the participant(s), contact information to the following email address.
An open innovation R&D organization jointly operated by Digital Garage, Inc., Kakaku.com, Inc., Credit Saison Co., Ltd. and KDDI CORPORATION. Daiwa Securities Group Inc.; TIS Inc.; and Resona Bank, Limited. are sponsoring partners.