The corporate philosophy of Digital Garage is to create new business opportunities and contribute to the betterment of society through providing digital contexts that connect multiple elements from various domains via Internet business.
In order to achieve this and ensure our sustainable growth, each and every employee is called upon to understand changes in society and ensure that our actions resonate with our environment, in the spirit of the "first penguin."* We recognize the irreplaceable roles that our employees play in our efforts and the importance of providing them with a rewarding working environment that they are proud to be a part of. In addition, individuals must also commit to regulatory compliance.
In June 2006, Digital Garage established a compliance program outlining standards for individual business conduct with integrity and efficiency based on our shared ethical values.
In order to exercise the aforementioned corporate philosophy, every staff member at Digital Garage is committed to adhering to the compliance program guidelines as detailed in the following seven articles in our code of conduct.
Code of Conduct
- Hold high ethical standards and conduct business in compliance with laws
- Respect fundamental individual rights and diversity and maintain a healthy work environment free from discrimination and harassment
- Promote harmonious co-existence with society and conduct environmentally-responsible business activities
- Foster transparency of business and fair and free competition
- Maintain fair and healthy relationships with government and other public offices
- Disclose necessary corporate information to stakeholders fairly and openly
- Manage and utilize corporate assets and information appropriately and effectively
*1） *A term derived from an ecological behavioral trait of penguins. It describes the courage and bravery of the penguin who is the first to jump and find food in the ocean, where predators may lurk. The rest of the penguins, hesitant and cautious, follow the first penguin's lead. Thus, the first penguin refers to a brave pioneer that takes on a challenge in spite of uncertainty and potential difficulties.
*The original Japanese document is the authoritative version.